Monday, April 1, 2013

Mourning

I was in mourning this weekend for the Indiana Hoosiers. They certainly decided to hit a downswing in their play at exactly the WRONG time.

Since I last blogged, I took Thursday and Friday off work and spent most of the day Thursday at Zumba, Yoga, and resting. Until the horrible game which caused me to drink too much wine and yell obscenities at the television. Which then snowballed into no-workout Friday. This was okay, considering I'd had a hard workout every day last week up until Friday, but... let's just say not working out on Friday was not for the right reasons.

I have a bad tendency to fall off the wagon when things don't go right. No, I'm not referring to basketball here! It was a tough weekend for a few reasons I'm not particularly willing to share at this point, and because of that there was no working out. At all. Which contributed to me continuing to be a big 'ol bum and refuse to do much of anything productive. I need some accountability for myself, because evidently weighing in just isn't going to cut it! So, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get certified as a spinning instructor! Does anyone have any favorite instructor certification courses? I want a GOOD one. I'm willing to take the time!

And, lest I deceive you into thinking I have fallen FAR off the wagon - I have a nasty speed session for this afternoon, as follows:

  • 2mi @ 10k pace
  • 2x1 mi @ 5k pace
  • 2x800 m @ 5k pace + 
  • 3 minutes recovery after 2 mile and 2 minutes recovery after each mile and 800
This is from the Ryan Hall Half Marathon Training Plan, which I got from Runners' World at least three years ago. It has served me well! I don't always follow it to a tee, but it's challenging enough for me. 

That will probably be my toughest workout for the week, because I have my first race since November coming up on Saturday! I'll be running the Hoosier Half Marathon in lovely Bloomington, IN (home of my beloved alma mater, Indiana University). Should be an interesting one, considering I run in the Indy area (very flat) and the elevation of this course changes over 1000 feet during the race. If you're not familiar with the topography of Indiana - and why would you be - the north half is super flat and there are rolling hills south of Indy until you get to Kentucky. Ice bath, here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment