Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Under the weather

I've had a bit of a cold this week. All week, in fact, which is frustrating. Most of the time I wouldn't let this get in my way of a workout. This weekend, though, I'm running my first (and hilliest ever!) half marathon.

I'm curious. If anyone is reading, how do you decide when to rest when sick and when to go ahead and run easy? I always worry that I'm wimping out by not running.

Besides resting I'm taking another approach - a detox bath. This is new to me since until recently medicines haven't bothered me. Maybe it's getting older, or thinking about having a baby in the future, but I'd rather not take drugs anymore if there is another option. This bath has Epsom salt, baking soda, ginger, and essential oils. It's kind of uncomfortable and sweaty, but if I wake up tomorrow and feel better it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment